Native Browser Clicks
MoPub provides a native browser click scheme to force the click destination of ads to occur within the device’s native browser instead of the default MoPub in-app browser.
- Locate the intended click destination URL within the ad creative code and copy it.
If the intended clickthrough URL is not exposed within the ad creative code then implementation of the native browser click scheme may not be possible.
- Encode the URL if it is not already URL encoded.
- Place the native browser click scheme before the encoded URL as shown below.
- Replace the intended click destination URL with the newly created URL.
- Test to confirm correct behavior.
- The native browser clicks are not supported in any other field e.g. bid.ext.clicktrackers and adm_native.native.link.clicktrackers.
- OpenRTB 2.5
- All in-service SDK versions support native browser click so imp.ext.brsrclk was dropped from the bid request to save network traffic.
- OpenRTB 2.3
- You can target this functionality via the imp.ext.brsrclk field on the request. If set to 1, native browser click is supported by the requesting SDK.
How can we make this article better for you?
Last updated August 24, 2021
TWITTER, MOPUB, and the Bird logo are trademarks of Twitter, Inc. or its affiliates. All third party logos and trademarks included are the property of their respective owners.
© 2021 MoPub (a division of Twitter, Inc.)