MoPub support for device identifiers in OpenRTB includes advertising identifiers (IFA), vendor identifiers (IFV) and frequency capping identifiers (user.id).
If the IFA is not available, MoPub provides DSPs with an alternative, limited-scope device identifier in order to provide basic non-targeting functionality to advertisers.
Examples of this include frequency capping, fraud detection and analytics. Below is a detailed list of supported identifiers and their scope.
MoPub supports the following user-resettable device identifiers via the
- iOS: ID for Advertisers (IDFA)
- Android: Google Advertising ID (GAID) and Amazon Advertising ID (AID)
MoPub supports the following vendor device identifier via the
- iOS: ID for Vendors (IDFV) when IDFA is not available
- Android: No vendor ID equilvalent currently exists on Android
Frequency Capping Identifiers
MoPub supports the following vendor device identifiers via the
- iOS: IDFA (when available), else IDFV (when avaliable), else a per app MoPub-specific device identifier
- Android: GAID or AID (when available) else a per app MoPub-specific device identifier
Here are the fields where DSPs can find these device identifiers.
|BidRequest.device.ifa||Preferred device identifier to pass. For iOS, is all zeros unless permission to track has been granted.||string||"ifa": "5CD1D2BF-7958-4955-A964-95DBF9ABF780"|
|BidRequest.device.ext.ifv||IDFV of device in that publisher. Only passed when IFA is unavailable or all zeros.||string||"ifv": "336F2BC0-245B-4242-8029-83762AB47B15"|
|BidRequest.user.id||Equal to BidRequest.device.ifa if the IFA is non-zeroes. Else, the IFV if available. Else, a MoPub-specific device identifier for each user within each app.||string||"id": "9B9BF1EF-0646-467D-A09A-5478B7DFC130"|
How can we make this article better for you?
Last updated August 28, 2021
TWITTER, MOPUB, and the Bird logo are trademarks of Twitter, Inc. or its affiliates. All third party logos and trademarks included are the property of their respective owners.
© 2021 MoPub (a division of Twitter, Inc.)