Native Browser Clicks
MoPub provides a click-destination scheme to allow the click through of ads to occur within the device’s native browser instead of the default MoPub in-app browser.
Banners & Interstitials ad format
Support for the native browser click-destination scheme was released in SDK 1.13.0 for HTML creative only; MRAID, and VAST creative formats were released in SDK version 3.4.0. If you decide to use the native browser with MRAID or VAST, please target away from SDK versions below 3.4.0.
Native ad format
Support for Native ad format was released in SDK version 3.4.0. If you decide to use the native browser with the Native ad format, please target away from SDK versions below 3.4.0.
- Server-to-Server Partners
- You can target this functionality via the banner.ext.nativebrowserclick field on the request. If set to 1, native browser click is supported by the requesting SDK.
- RTB 2.3
- You can target this functionality via the imp.ext.brsrclk field on the request (note: this is moved / changed from imp.banner.ext.nativebrowserclick since it is supported for video and native as well). * If set to 1 it is supported by the requesting SDK.
- In the creative returned in the adm field, this behavior can be triggered by prepending your clickthrough URL with the following custom URI. This custom URI will open the URL in the native OS browser (Safari/Chrome); eg:
- Your clickthrough URL MUST after ‘?url=’ be URL-encoded (use url-encode-decode.com) in order for this feature to work
- Ensure that ‘http%3A%2F%2F’ (http) or ‘https%3A%2F%2F’ (https) is included in the intended landing page URL; eg:
Last updated November 09, 2018
TWITTER, MOPUB, and the Bird logo are trademarks of Twitter, Inc. or its affiliates. All third party logos and trademarks included are the property of their respective owners.
© 2018 MoPub Inc.