- Supported Ad Formats
- Things to know
- Setup your Chartboost Account
- Get your App ID and Signature
- Download and Integration
- Enabling Test Mode
- Additional Support
This guide is intended for publishers who want to use the MoPub SDK to load and display ads from Chartboost via mediation.
Supported Ad Formats
The following ad formats are supported by Chartboost:
Interstitials (Video, Playables, Animated GIF, Static)
Rewarded Video (Video, Playables, Animated GIF)
Things to know
Unity Developers: MoPub’s Unity integration uses Chartboost’s core native iOS and Android SDKs. Please following instructions here.
eCPM value: eCPM data can be manually entered in the MoPub dashboard from Chartboost unless auto-cpm is enabled. On the Chartboost dashboard, eCPM for your campaign can be found under Analytics -> Campaign. It is recommended to check these values often and update in MoPub as necessary.
Waterfall Ranking: If you’d like to top-rank Chartboost in the mediation waterfall, please follow these instructions.
Chartboost Named Locations: When setting up Chartboost for your MoPub Ad Units, leaving the “Location” field blank will default to the “Default” Chartboost named ad location value. In your waterfall setup, if you have multiple occurrences of Chartboost with more than three different locations associated, that is not recommended. If you need to use more than three locations you should reach out to Chartboost directly. You can read more about using custom named locations in Chartboost here.
Setup your Chartboost Account
- Follow the instructions here to sign up for a Chartboost account.
- Add your app details and create a Network Publishing Campaign.
- For Rewarded Video, select Rewarded Video under APP SETTINGS and add the values for Rewarded Currency Name and Reward per View.
- By default the Chartboost SDK displays UI elements before and after the ad detailing the rewards. If this is not your desired UX, consider disabling pre-roll and post-roll settings.
Get your App ID and Signature
You will need the App ID and App Signature to setup the Chartboost Ad Unit on MoPub. In your Chartboost dashboard for the app, navigate to APP SETTINGS -> Basic Settings to locate your App ID and App Signature.
Download and Integration
To download the Chartboost adapter, navigate to the Mediation Integration Tool. You will also need to import the Chartboost SDK, which can be found below :
|For iOS||Download here|
|For Android||Download here|
- Android Integration Help: Chartboost adapters are released as an Android Archive (AAR) file starting from version 18.104.22.168. The AAR includes the required Manifest data for Chartboost. As a result, publishers no longer have to update their Manifest manually.
Enabling Test Mode
Test ads can be enabled for your app from the Chartboost dashboard under the APP SETTINGS -> Basic Settings. Details here.
Once enabled, you can request ads using the ad unit ID created earlier and receive a Chartboost test ad.
IMPORTANT Be sure to disable test mode after testing!
For details about available error codes as well as potential resolutions, reference Chartboost’s documentation.
Last updated April 01, 2019
TWITTER, MOPUB, and the Bird logo are trademarks of Twitter, Inc. or its affiliates. All third party logos and trademarks included are the property of their respective owners.
© 2019 MoPub (a division of Twitter, Inc.)